Posts Tagged ‘constitution’
Now I remember why I hate liberals (and for the most part politicians) so much. If you give them an inch they’ll take a mile. Unfortunately, the inch started with President Bush and maybe it was a mile to begin with and it turned into the largest governmental interference into the free market system this country has ever seen. And taking his cue from President Bush, President-elect Obama plans a trillion dollars in economic stimulus next year. But it doesn’t stop just there. Think of all of the negative press that has come out since Obama was elected. Here is just a small but significant sample:
- Blagojevich attempts to sell Obama’s senate seat and other pay to play scandals.
- Rahm Emanuel, Obama’s Chief of Staff may be part of the pay to play scandal.
- Russia sends ships to Cuba, meets with Castro and is generally becoming increasingly disagreeable to American interests.
- Obama upsets the far left liberals with his invitation to have Pastor Rick Warren give the invocation at the inauguration.
- Clintonistas getting appointed to many President-elect Obama’s Cabinet and White House positions.
And the list goes on and on. The problem is anytime you give a political party even an inch of power, they’ll take a proverbial mile, and that is exactly the problem with this country.
The economic crisis isn’t going to be solved by government bailouts and government faux economic stimuli. We as Americans have to bite the bullet and let the housing market correct itself. The more government interferes the worse it will get. Sure free markets need some regulation, but any time government gets too involved in the affairs of individuals and the market as a whole, things get much worse not better.
The only thing that can help us now is going back to our Constitutional promises of limited government. Until we take our Constitutional Republic back, we will be stuck with the idiots in Washington dictating our economics and how we should live our lives. Republican and Democrat alike should know by now that Washington isn’t the answer to our problems.