Where is Our Breaking Point?
On behalf of the American people, I’d like to warn those in the Federal Government that you are treading dangerously close to pushing the citizenry past its breaking point. Since October of last year, slowly, day by day, a notch on the dial goes up a tick on each of our breaking points. Some of us are further along than others, but make no mistake, if you keep pushing, we will all reach the same point. And once that line is crossed for a majority of the citizenry, there is no turning back.
You beltway boys and girls play a dangerous game when you thumb your nose at the American people. Trust me, neither party will be immune. Democrats won’t be able to blame it on Bush, and Republicans won’t be able to blame it on Obama and the Democratic Congress, we will hold each and every one of you accountable.
Sometimes I think you government types must live in some sort of magic bubble where you have absolutely no idea what is really going on in the Nation and how people really think and feel, but just in case some news didn’t make it through your protective shield, let me start a list of why we are sickened by your actions and why enough is enough already.
- In October of 2008, George Bush told us that the sky was falling and that you needed $750,000,000,000.00. I like to use all of the zeros, so you can see just how ridiculous the amounts of money you steal from us really are.
- All of you Democrats in the Congress fought Bush for the last four years (911 made you be nice for a few years), but in the single most important issue you could have taken a stand on, you chose not to. You went around screaming Bush is right the sky is falling we must have this $750,000,000,000.00, so you passed the TARP bill without any oversight and without even knowing for sure how the money would be used.
- So election day comes, and thanks to this economic crisis, the Presidential election is no longer close because instead of telling the American people the truth about what caused the recession (a housing bubble that burst based on bad loans — backed primarily by Democrats under the Community Reinvestment Act who refused to let the regulators do something about Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac), the majority of the populous thought it was the Republicans’ fault; therefore, they elected a Democrat, Barack Obama, no matter how inexperienced and unqualified (not to mention ineligible) he was and is to hold the highest office in the land.
- Fast forward to mid-November, and while Obama is trying to sell the American people on the fact that even though we have given you $750,000,000,000.00, the sky is still falling, and you all will need anywhere from $850,000,000,000.00 to $1,000,000,000,000.00 more to save us. Along comes Rod Blagojevich, who apparently is attempting to sell President Obama’s old Senate seat in a “pay to play” scandal, a quid pro quo, but what you don’t understand is that this is nothing compared to the almost $2,000,000,000,000.00 you already have stolen and are about to steal from the American people.
- Back to Blagojevich, now there are some rumors running around that maybe as many as three prominent people in Obama’s Administration may be involved in this Senate seat selling scandal, namely, Obama’s Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel, Obama’s White House Senior Advisor and Assistant Valerie Jarrett, and David Axelrod Obama’s other White House Senior Advisor. Of course, you Washington types think this has all been cleared up because President Obama had his legal team investigate the matter and surprise, surprise, they concluded no wrong doing had been committed by the then Obama Transition Team.
- Speaking of Obama’s Transition, don’t think that we don’t know that there is no real official Office of the President-Elect, no matter how many fancy logos you stick on podiums. We know the office has never existed in the past, and was just some make believe land Obama lived in for two and a half months while he waited to be sworn in as the first Usurper of the United States Presidency, but that’s for another post and another time.
- So along come the Holidays and believe it or not the sky hadn’t fallen yet, but bombs started to rain down on the Palestinians in Gaza courtesy of Israel who was sick and tired of the 3600 plus bombs that had rained down on them over the past year. Meanwhile, Obama claimed we could only have one President at a time, well except when you are pimping a $850,000,000,000.00 stimulus package, so he had no comment on the Israeli retaliation. Of course, what would you expect from a man who has been running for office for the past twelve years and his only real experience is in raising money, so of course he had no comment on Israel, how was he going to get any money out of that. Better to focus on raising money, i.e., stealing it from the American people through the stimulus package.
- So the beginning of year rolls around and now it’s time to plan for the love fest otherwise known as the Inauguration of Barack Obama where another 170,000,000.00 is needed to throw a proper party for the first African American President. A party bill 3 times more than any other former Inauguration cost, but who’s counting when we are only talking millions instead of billions and trillions.
- So the President gets sworn in, but doesn’t have the decency to attend the Inauguration Party honoring the military Medal of Honor winners even though no other President had missed this event in the past 46 years. Obama’s cabinet members begin their confirmation hearings on Capitol Hill. President Obama announces he’s signed an Executive Order that is going to make his Administration the most ethical in history including strict rules for former and future lobbyists, and then woe, guess what? We get some of the most unethical appointments in history.
- First, we get Timothy Geithner for Treasury Secretary, which by the way also runs the IRS, and he forgot to pay $46,000.00 in taxes for the years 2001-2004, but that’s OK it was just an oversight and he’s now paid the taxes. Appointment Confirmed.
- Then, we get Eric Holder for Attorney General who pardoned FALN terrorists and Mark Reich, but that’s OK he’ll make a great Attorney General. Appointment Confirmed.
- Now we have Secretary of Housing and Human Services nominee Tom Daschel who coincidentally forgot to pay some $146,000.00 in taxes, but it’s OK he’s paid them now and he is really sorry, so it will probably be OK to just confirm him as well.
- Meanwhile, the House of Representatives is busy working on President Obama’s $850,000,000,000.00 stimulus package known as the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, or the sky is falling so we have to steal this money from the American people act, but the funny thing is not much of this package would actually stimulate the economy. The House Democrats pass the stimulus package with only 11 Democrats voting nay. Not a single Republican in the House voted yes (maybe the Republicans are starting to get the idea that the American people are pissed).
- Obama’s economic advisor Larry Summer’s had said the stimulus package would need to be timely, targeted and short term (not any long drawn out programs) and yet this supposed stimulus package has the bulk of the money being spent in 2011 and beyond. Talk about timely, not so much.
- Now I’m hearing that the bill that has made its way to the Senate is being rewritten and believe it or not is getting even worse rather than better. But better would really be no bill at all.
This is just a smattering of the fiascos that have befallen this country in the last 4 months. This is by no means a comprehensive list. These were just the highlights I could remember off the top of my head in the last 30 minutes without looking anything up.
So, I ask the American People where is our breaking point? My breaking point was the first bullet point. There are many Americans that probably got half-way through the list before their blood started boiling, while others made it all the way to the bottom of the list, and are just now starting to get upset. And then there are those, who aren’t paying attention and aren’t pissed off just yet, but make no mistake, with this much corruption in government and with this much thievery of the American Tax Payers’ dollars, there will be a breaking point, and there will be hell to pay. You think the sky is falling now, you morons in government, wait until the American People rain down on your heads. You’ll wish you still had a sky to protect you.